Sunday 24 January 2016

Life is just a bowl of cherries


More cherries with much gratitude from Stonecrest orchardists our generous neighbours.  I spent a quiet afternoon pitting and delighting myself with my pretend post massacre blood red hands all for a batch of poaching in cardamon and vanilla. The recipe I found was a bit part of a french dessert involving sables and some patissiere creme magic that was so not going to happen with any success in my kitchen.  Besides, biting into a thin butter biscuit with a fancy cream filling topped with poached cherries would require a bucket of paper napkins and the pressure washer from the shed.

I made these little fellers for the first time a few days ago and before I got a chance to critique them they had gone into a plastic container over the side fence.  We share produce. And goodies.  I didn't even get a chance to take out the cardamon pods which by this time had been become cherry red and difficult to find.  I felt bad about that.  Rustic is one thing, but spitting out chewy fragrant pods is another.  Not to worry.  Judy says it best...

No comments:

Post a Comment