Wednesday 28 August 2019

No good smells today


It's heavy rain here at the moment.  Steady, wet rain.  It won't last.  But try telling that to a Cocker Spaniel.  Bennie hopes and prays every morning.  Dear God (also a Cocker Spaniel), please let today be one of those days when I get to go out and sniff dead things.  When I get to track possum scent, pull on my lead and try not to look embarrassed when my owner stops and talks to cows.  Bennie is truly man's best friend.  On our walks when the old yappy terrier comes up behind him outside their driveway and tries to intimidate him, he walks away.  Mind you if said terrier was to have a crack he'd learn how to fly really quick!  Bennie located some baby chicks yesterday and sniffed them to see if they were alright.  He doesn't touch them, he's just showing concern at the constant 'cheep, cheep'.  He gets very stressed when we try to catch chickens for sale.  He doesn't like to see any animal hurt. When our two ungracious felines decide to wrestle and attack each other he quickly gets in between them to stop them. He's better at it than me.  I just yell at them and that upsets him so he jumps to it.  Animals know when you are angry.  He comes over to me when I'm having a rant at the breakfast television programs.  You know the drill, 'OH MY GOD, WHAT'S WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?'  So today it's a sad face that will lie in front of the fire (gosh life sucks Bennie!!) with the other assorted pets.  And hope that tomorrow brings good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment