Tuesday 20 August 2019

No fake sleeping in my house

One of the big supermarket chains announced yesterday that they had their own brand of fruit mince pies out on show for early Christmas shopping.  Allegedly caused outrage everywhere.  Of course.  It's normally September you know.  But seriously, if people didn't buy them, they wouldn't put them out.  We can't purchase our way out of this one folks.  A bit like the bowling ball girl.  Whatever television program I seem to be watching of late contains the same ads for every ad break.  I've seen the girl with the bowling ball trying to sell me a mattress topper so many times I'm beginning to wonder if we've actually met somewhere.  She drops that bowling ball on the bed at least ten times per hour along with her colleagues who ham up some of the worst pretend sleeping ever seen on television.  It's annoying and I wish she'd go away.  I'd even buy one of her mattresses if that would mean I would never have to see her and her tossing and turning friends again.  But there lies the problem (no pun intended).  People do.  The bowling ball girl is only replaced by the pillow people who also have a bowling ball for some reason and again, these ads are on high rotation to nudge your mind into actually considering that purchasing the super sleeper foam thing will not only give you better than fake sleep, it will make them go away (plus postage and handling).  It appears to be very expensive foam but who am I to judge a bowling ball.  So if it's not foam sleeping solutions, it's slicing and dicing gadgets that do torturous things to vegetables.  How many of these plastic bits are tossed into the back of kitchen cupboards or landfill?  I often wonder how many of these gadgets get returned.  Perhaps they are recycled.  Into foam of course.  Or bowling balls?

1 comment:

  1. Actually I slept on a bed with a mattress topper at a friend's place recently and I can attest that they are verrry comfortable. But you've got to turn the electric blanket on a couple of hours earlier than normal, because the heat takes longer to get through. I don't think I'm going to buy one. Don't have much use for a bowling ball either.

    ReplyDelete