Friday 27 November 2015

What do we want...green grass. When do we want it...now!

Wind and no rain.  Dead grass and roses that look like they've been microwaved.  Welcome to drought.  It's heartbreaking to see bluey grey thunderous clouds stalking the outskirts of my town only to downpour on everyone else.  The gales blowing this week have managed to lift shed roofs and split some vulnerable trees whilst I watched the BBQ move itself sideways across the courtyard with gas bottle in tow.  When we arrived this time last year we were challenged with weekly mowing and pictures of green everywhere. Now our veggie patch turns out celery stalks that bow to me as I walk past.  The cruel gusts tossed my baby nectarines around the driveway like they were on a roller coaster that came off the rails. No fun at this fair. And then we've sat inside and looked at the darkness of the wood fire saying gee, remember those cold nights only to light it up again today to think gee, remember those warm nights.  A windy month like a full moon sends Max skidding across the lino with a kink in his tail on the run from, well nothing really.  The chooks still manage to trek through the garden with feathers blowing backwards as if under a hair dryer.  My attempts to not resemble them fail as I head off to my car holding onto the door like I was fighting with an invisible person who wanted to pull it off.  Well that's Spring and can't have weather on demand.  Even just a little of our rain entitlement would be nice?

3 comments:

  1. I love your writing style. It's descriptive and conversational, evoking the mental image of what the events must have been like. :)
    I can imagine you with a cup of tea in hand, sitting at a table, spinning yarns (tales, not wool) and just generally being a fascinating person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you and great to see you dropped by. I hope you continue enjoying the yarns. And you are right, my sheep spin only tales.

      Delete
  2. Marathon Training Plan This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs…

    ReplyDelete