Saturday 26 October 2019

Saturday

Well the  good news is the Sage has come back after a dormant stick looking winter.  It's flowering which is sometimes a warning of sign of going to seed and then it's all over but fortunately we've got new growth and my burnt butter and sage sauce with tortellini pasta will remain on the menu.   Minnie (pictured) is my regular kitchen consultant and her immediate appearance whenever the oven is turned on is remarkable.  The sound of the fan forced oven is enough for her to come to the kitchen and peer in its door.  She's got very little hope of seeing what's inside that oven as the years of baked on grime certainly prevent that.  My husband has unfortunately got her into the habit of taste testing our food.  Chicken, duck, sausages, you name it she's up for it. Unfortunately this has become a bit of problem for her waistline as a recent trip to the vet resulted in a few less than complementary comments about her less than mini appearance.  She's not obese just big boned, we like to say.  That was certainly the case last night when I tried to move her from her position of warmth in between us in the bed.  Regardless of the fact that she's big and heavy and takes up half of the bed, she snores something shocking.  I put on the light so I could pick her up and move her but all I managed to do was move the front half of her towards the end of the bed and the remaining bulk seemed to stay put where it was.  Fortunately she got the hint and jumped off.  Thump.  No wonder we don't get much sleep. Anyway back to thoughts on dinner.   I haven't got much past the herb garden. The herb flowers get picked and put in a tiny vase on the kitchen window sill and I get completely distracted.  Love Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment