Friday 26 February 2016

That's not busy...this is busy

We've been so busy on the farm the last few weeks it's been hard to find time to sit down and write.  I'm already hearing the BS detector go kapoing as I write this.  I can't really call myself busy when our little farm yard family are always at work.  Our chooks never take a day off.  They're up as soon as head rooster blasts them out of the pen and they don't stop until the sun sets and he says it's ok to go to bed.  They even forgive me when I'm late with the chook feed and come racing up to me with the oldest of the Wyandottes standing on my foot looking up as if to say 'where the bloody hell have you been?' I apologize and get last night's pasta out on the ground as quick as I can.  Whilst I was off being busy the apples trees have fruited their best to date with the green granny smith variety in bunches of two and three, and mostly free of moth and grub confinement.  A big thank you goes out again, to our chicken community.  I haven't had time to pick the capsicum and the plant now resembles a little christmas tree trimmed with dangling red ornaments like lanterns.  I know I need to get to the basil plant as it threatens the end of abundance with the seed flowers appearing with their mini wedding bouquet flowers.  I'll get to them and a pesto sauce will result with some recently salvaged almonds that the green parrots so kindly left for me.  Garden produce waits for no man, woman or chicken.  It's ready when it's ready and if you're not ready it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment